From now on I'm going to make my own screentone collection. I'm mainly going to buy those I can use for cleaning purposes.
Since all of these screentones are scanned at 600dpi (they have a width of 6000px) I can't put them online on this host.
Therefore, PM 'kiara-chan' on IRC or drop me an e-mail.
I've set up guidelines when it comes to scripting a chapter. This is necessary because we don't want to confuse the editors.
This is the example that we're going to use.
Since there are a couple of ways to script your translation, I'll show you first how you shouldn't do it.
Here are the guidelines:
1) Always type the name of the person who says that line.
- If you don't know the name use a word to describe the person. Like kid, customer, waitress etc.
2) Put the text of each bubble on a separate line. Especially those 'two-part-bubbles'.
3) Make it clear in your scripting which text are thoughts, narration (small text), and which is a sfx.
4) No 'slang' talk unless it says so in the original.
Following these guidelines you should script the above given example like this:
You can also play a bit with colours. It's preferred when you use colours, because just by looking at it, it's much neater and
you recognize everything quicker. Here's an example of how one of our translators scripts her translations.
*melts-away* Doesn't it look great.
Here's another example from a different project.
If you don't want to use colours, because it will take too much time.. then script your translation like this.